Sunday, April 11, 2010

Willy Wonka and Purple Stuff

Ah ha ha ha ha ha!! Oh, ahem. Sorry.

What do these two have in common, you ask? Illicit drug use. Or, bizarre creativity. I'm not sure which. How 'bout I report, you decide?? Cool?!? Cool! :)

Disclaimer: I don't condone the consumption of "purple stuff," or the abuse of prescription drugs for that matter.

Phew! Now that that's over, enjoy these videos. The first is a clip from the remake of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory directed by Tim Burton and starring Johnny Depp. I love this version even though the first, starring Gene Wilder (comic genius) is totally great. The Burton/Depp team just add a weird, warped, trippy spin to the children's story that makes it fantastic, in my opinion.



I also love how the Depp Wonka says everything that you've ever wanted to say to that annoying, spoiled, bratty, sometimes rich but always entitled child, but which you never really had the guts to.

The second clip is something a friend sent along to me when I was having a really bad day and I just have to re-post it here, it cheered me up in its bizarre silliness. The beat is great. The oompa loompas are...well...um...

Anyway...Have fun w/ this!

For those of you who don't know exactly what "purple stuff" is, I refer you to urbandictionary.com for the definition:

"a highly effective cough syrup containing antibiotics and is always purple in color also know as the slang sizzerb, sizzerb is a mixture of this cough medicine added to a light colored soda and a piece of candy normally jolly rancher" (yes, I edited the spelling...people on urbandictionary, I swear...)



And, I've come to the conclusion that when you're having a bad day, just jump on YouTube and search for something stupid. It works!

No comments:

Post a Comment