Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Depravity, documented

So, when I'm completely brain-fried from more serious pursuits, I jump onto one of my favorite websites, Texts From Last Night, to blow off some steam (and to marvel at the debauchery and general insanity of the modern college [and sometimes high school eek!] student).

I will warn you, DO NOT go onto this site if you are at all offended by drugs, sex, general lewdness, and/or foul language. Some of the texts are rated PG-13, and even a few are PG, but for the most part, they're "R" rated, and this is the reason why I haven't provided a link here in this post. But, if you can handle the "f" word being thrown around in text (as it is in collegiate classrooms every day of the week), then you'll think it's unbearably funny what some of these real winners get themselves into...and maybe impressed by the wit and sarcasm of many of them.

So, for those who don't wish to go on the site, I've given you a random CLEAN sampling [the numbers in parentheses are for the zip codes the texts are from]:

(604): dont worry, it'll just be a conversation starter like "why did you get that pierced?" or "wow, i got arrested there too"

(732): I got 70 on my final, or put differently, I got a "still graduating" on my final.

(610): Look I'm sorry I shaved your cat, but get over it.

The next two are a son and father pair:

(434): you would not believe what I got pierced last night...
(540): son, I feel like that is a phrase a father never wants to hear.

(440): sarcasm needs its own font

(778): we were going to warn you, but we veto-ed that idea somewhere between "this is the stupidest thing we've ever done" and "let's order a pizza"

And my absolute favorite ??

(541): my math teacher staples burger king applications to failed tests

(All texts borrowed from textsfromlastnight.com; picture of iPhone text from Wikimedia Commons, Nick Richards, photographer)

No comments:

Post a Comment