Monday, November 9, 2009

Media Mondays: Musicals!

I love musicals!! As I write this, my daughter is watching one of my favorite musicals of all time: Mary Poppins. Is there a better musical turned movie? And if there is, does it star Julie Andrews?

In looking for a picture for this post, I came across some really neat pics on www.imdb.com, courtesy of MPTV Images. Here are some candid photos that I think are totally cool! Browse over to the third page to view behind-the-scenes photos. What fun! :)



What is it about musicals that we love? I think it's the passion in the music: whether the passion of happiness and jollity, as in Mary Poppins and The Sound of Music, or the darker passions of hopelessness or yearning for love as in Fiddler on the Roof or The Phantom of the Opera.

Whatever may be the case for our love of musicals, I am thrilled to see that they are still popular and patrons flock to the theaters for new musicals such as Wicked (which I hope to see at some point, myself!).

If you haven't watched your favorite musical in a while (and who doesn't have a favorite?), pull it out on the next rainy Saturday, cuddle up with a blanket on the couch and enjoy!

(photo: movieposter.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment